This is a question every writer should have an answer to, so as to write with a purpose.
But, If you do not have an immediate answer to this question as a writer who’s just starting out, that’s okay. Most of us didn’t have an idea from the onset and were thrown off-ballance when asked – we only realized the reason with time.
So, why do you write?
Before you answer this question, have a look at why other writers write.
Why do writers write?
- Some writers write to express themselves.
- Some write to share their imagination and creativity with others
- There are writers who write to educate others.
- Some write to make others adopt their opinion or believe in it.
- Some write because they were influenced by authors of the book they read.
- Some write because they are passionate about writing and to derive pleasure from it.
- Writing helps some writers to relax and feel better about things. So they write for this purpose.
- Some writers write to help others.
- Some write because writing is their profession – they probably studied writing in school and it becomes an occupation.
- Writers write to entertain
- Some write because they were victims of circumstance – they’re inspired by something that happened to them.
- Some write because they have to – writing probably comes naturally to them.
- While some write to have something to be remembered for while they’re gone.
Why do I write?
- I’m highly creative and imaginative – there must be an outlet or I would explode.💥
- I’m passionate about writing and feel
soooooogood while at it.
- To be the voice to the voiceless.
- To entertain and help others
- To make some money from my writing
- To become a well-known author.
- To make some good impact in the lives of people so as to be remembered for my great writing when I’m gone.
Why do you write?
Please get a note. Write your reason/reasons down, place it somewhere you’ll always have a chance to have a glance. This will help you a lot write with purpose.
You’re welcome to share your reasons with us in the comment section.