It’s An Imperfect Life

The unease of a lifetime

Begins like a trifle

The lament of the grieved

Comes with the unperfected

But ranting of the unsatisfied

Could be stifled with a joke

Life finds us complicating

When we’re full of junk

Perfect life we forever seek

We try our best in vain

The fantasy with time fade

It has always been faked

As mother wit finds a way

Follies must be tossed away

Then we see all in state

As imperfect as can be

There we feel content

‘Cos life’s how it should be

As typical as it should be

Imperfect but normal

©Florence Ezekafor

—————-

19 Comments

1. verthilertva says:

Good ?V I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your web site. I had no trouble navigating through all tabs and related info ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it at all. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, site theme . a tones way for your client to communicate. Excellent task..

1. Thank you for your feedback. I so much appreciate it.💖

2. “Cos life’s how it should be

As typical as it should be

Imperfect but normal”

There goes a perfect sum of the whole matter. We need to quit chasing shadows and be the best version of who we are. There’s such a thing as ‘beautiful imperfection’.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you so much for your noteworthy comments. God bless you.

3. bukolaorry says:

We need to embrace our imperfections and fall in love with our flaws. Our imperfections make us who we are.

Liked by 1 person

1. Absolutely. Thanks a lot for the insight Bukola!❤

Liked by 1 person

1. bukolaorry says:

🤗🤗🤗❤❤❤❤

Liked by 1 person

4. Acknowledging our own imperfections, we strive to the ultimate perfection…

Liked by 1 person

1. You´re welcome! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

5. Ash says:

Lovely poem, life is perfectly imperfect! 💞

Liked by 1 person

1. Absolutely. Thank you Ash💕

6. ashok says:

There is perfection in our imperfection. Enjoy the free writing fun Florence 🤗

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you so much ashok😊

Liked by 1 person

1. ashok says:

Always a pleasure Florence 🤗

7. Smiles. Turns out that your ‘I don’t care attitude’ towards that bully of a voice produced a fine piece. I can totally relate to this. Most times, I do my editing in the process of writing – trying to perfect this and that while also struggling to keep up with my flow of thoughts. I find it irksome and exhausting. I think I’m also learning how to follow your path – just put it out as it comes and bother about how it feels/looks later.

Liked by 2 people

1. *Beams* Thanks for the encouragement. So glad I discovered the free writing tool. Editing in the process of writing is the worst stagnating writing technique a writer can use. And I thinks that’s why we all meet the writers block along the line. Try free writing Ibk, pour all the ideas as they come on the screen/paper and then edit when you’re done. I’m sure you will like it. I found it very helpful.

1. I’m already taking a leaf from you. Had an idea for a poem this morning and I set out writing it as it came – an unfinished line here…a missing word there…even a mispelt word somewhere…but I don’t mind coz it’s making sense to me. The perfectionist in me will have to take a back seat for now and gain expression when I’m done satisfying myself.

Liked by 1 person

1. Can’t stop beaming😀. Glad you’re in. I’m sure the outcome will be pleasing.

Liked by 1 person