Do Not Be Fooled By The Calendar

Photo by Gulf County, FL

Don’t be fooled by the calendar. There are as many days in a year as you make use of. One man gets a week’s value out of a year while another gets a year’s value out of a week.
– Charles RechardsI

I’ve been pondering over this quote by Charles Rechards all day.

On the 31st December of every year, we have these days of the next year laid before us – a complete 365 days – intact, in its fullness.

On day one of the year, the time begins to tick by, starting with a second through minutes to hours. As the clock ticks by, it’s normal for us to relax, filled with hope that there are still lots of days left in our hands – it’s seconds or minutes or hours that have passed after all – there are still lots of days left.

But through these time measures, the 365 days are been eaten away, just like taking bites off a huge apple, bit by bit.

When half of the apple is eaten – six months have gone and it becomes obvious😳. The year is half gone! It’s now time to finish up. This is the time people exclaim- “How time flies!”

The fact is, time doesn’t fly at all. It moves as should. It only seems as though it has fown by when we’ve not been able to make proper use of it – when we watch it slip through our fingers, like the desert sand. We fail to catch up with it and use it wisely.

When the year is ten months gone, one is likely to begin to make haste, like a millipede hit by something, but then one is already stranded.

Out of three hundred and sixty five years of this year, how many days have you been able to make use of? – That’s exactly the number of days in your year. If you have made good use of ten days, you have only ten days in your calender.

Think about it and put the remaining days in use – it’s funny we have only few days to go but don’t worry too much. If you make good use of one day, it could yield years worth of benefits.

How well you use your time determines how competent you’ll feel when you look back at the end of the year.

Make smart use of your time.

24 Comments

1. d_analyzt says:

This is so true . have been wasting my time this past days and it seems to have left me in a spot while its so far ahead of me . but then I decided on working with it ,I drew up a timetable so I can keep up with time and make good use of my day . thanks for sharing

Liked by 2 people

1. Glad you found a way out. Use of schedule/time table is the best way out of this. Another challenge could be being faithful to it but then as long as the time table is there, you have conquered long term procrastination. Thank you for leaving a comment.

Liked by 3 people

1. d_analyzt says:

Each day I get an alarm clock that tells me what to do. I’m seriously fighting procrastination

Liked by 2 people

1. You’re really a diehard scheduler. I think I should add this to the post. Some of us should be needing an alarm clock not only to wake us up in the morning but to remind and help us make good use of time. Thanks for sharing.

Liked by 2 people

1. d_analyzt says:

Liked by 1 person

2. I read an article yesterday that said summer is nearly over, that made me sit up, so did this, still on for a successful 2019, time to review my beginning of year goals!
    “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.”

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful quote. I’m glad the the article and this post worked for you. Wishing you a very productive time ahead.

Liked by 2 people

3. bukolaorry says:

I was always used to saying time flies. But as you said in your post time moves as it should. We are the one to make use of it wisely. Thank you for sharing this. It’s a wake up call.

Liked by 3 people

1. Absolutely. Thank you very much for leaving a comment. I’m glad you’re impacted by it.

Liked by 1 person

1. bukolaorry says:

You’re welcome

Liked by 1 person

4. ashok says:

It is so interesting, synchronistic Florence that I just finished writing about time and opened your post 😊
    Time doesn’t come and doesn’t go. It is just a screen on which we play our dramas. Yes, we should be careful of the roles we play 😇
    Charles Rechard’s quote is awesome 👏

Liked by 2 people

1. Pure coincidence, Ashok! Can’t wait to read your post. Your idea on time as the screen on which our life dramas are played is thought-provoking. Thanks a lot.

Liked by 1 person

1. Glad you did.👌

5. Thought-provoking that. I love the part where you said time really doesn’t fly. It only seems so when we’ve refused to the needful with it. Your post also inspires hope as well; “The sun in the sky is still intense enough to dry one’s washings”. The difference between the successful fellow and the mediocre is how each manages/maximizes his/her time. I salute you!

Liked by 3 people

1. Thank you for your words of wisdom. I learn a lot from them. All you say throw more light to my posts. Thank you❤

1. ☺ How do you say thank you for what I should be saying thank you for?

Liked by 1 person

1. 😀I knew you would ask me why. Anyway, you deserved it. Take it from Fiez, not me😀. Anyone who finds time to leave a comment on my blog deserves an appreciation and much more when the comment adds more to the blog like yours.

Liked by 1 person

6. Queen Karen says:

I love this. Indeed don’t be fooled by the calendar. We are all given 24 hours in the day by God’s grace. Some choose to use it to sleep while others make their bed and start planting seeds for tomorrow. Time hasn’t passed. I guess it’s a saying we are used to stating. Time flies oo but time waits on no man. Thank you for this reminder 😊.

Liked by 4 people

1. Impressive! You’re absolutely right. Some make use of their time, while some sleep.Thanks for throwing more light, Karen. ❤

Liked by 2 people

1. Queen Karen says:

Thank you too Florence. I took something away from this post. God bless you 🙏🏿😊

Liked by 3 people

7. Dawn says:

True Florence. We have to make sure we’re not wasting time and that we’re using it wisely.

Liked by 3 people